Beth Gessner moved here from Fort Lauderdale with her husband Dave and their family in 1959, before there was a city of Port St. Lucie. The couple were responsible for much of the fun and games that centered around the Northport Marina in the early days. Dave was recreation director for General Development Corp. Their children went to school in White City and Fort Pierce. (Port St Lucie had no schools.) She was an elementary school teacher for many years and taught many now-grown current residents of Port St. Lucie. Beth is moving to The Villages to be closer to her daughter.
Shown left to right Rosemary Grabhorn, a resident since 1965, Christine Williams of the Shell Bazaar, who has lived in PSL her entire life, Beth and Rosemary's son Dennis